Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I purchase this Wusthof knife set?

Options
13»

Comments

• jonessteave
    Options
    I am collecting various folding knife. Can you recommend some good knives. Thank you
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,412
    Options
    @jonessteave - you caught me in a moment of weakness...give the search function here a go, just use EDC and you will find more info and suggestions than your budget will likely handle.
    Merry Christmas-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I have carried a Spyderco Military for probably 20 years. I’ve tried others but the mili light, narrow, fast and big blade.  Paramilitary if you can’t handle the original 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• jonessteave
    Options
    I have carried a Spyderco Military for probably 20 years. I’ve tried others but the mili light, narrow, fast and big blade.  Paramilitary if you can’t handle the original 
    that's amazing
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I am collecting various folding knife. Can you recommend some good knives. Thank you
    If you are okay with spending some dough, go Chris Reeve. The fit and finish is mind blowing. They hold their value well. The Sebenza is the flagship model, but the new Impinda is kind of neat in that it has a nice profile and doesn’t feature a lock. 
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Keep giving me your money......come get some Shun and KAI.  I sold my set of wusthofs after I got the Shuns.
    You are right. I'm still waiting for my thumb to heal after nicking it on that Shun cleaver I just got from you. That honing steel also did wonders where my old one never did much 

I agree with others, put your money into three great knives.  I love my Shuns, but if on a budget KAI is a good way to go. KAI is the parent company of Shun and other brands 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Was just gifted $250 towards a new knife. Am thinking a big size - maybe a bunka or cleaver - in blue super. 
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 374
    Options
    If you need a bread knife, get a longer one, 10" is okay. The short one in that set won't work for a large round loaf. I have two bread knives; my Chicago Cutlery one is my go-to. It has a straight blade, which I prefer. Its cutting edge is still sharp after more than 20 years.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range