Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I make some dang nice looking, and tasty fried chicken.

Since I am blowing the carb count right now with the extra crispy tater tots, I figured some fried chicken would be good. Tasted ever bit as good as it looked, and at .39 cents per pound, leg quarters it was.

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Love fried chicken esp. the dark meat.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That looks darn tasty!!!  Good work.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Mighty fine!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Yes you do.  
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Yes you make some dang nice fried chicken.  Now maybe work on the white-balance on the photos because that looks like they were taken under a heat lamp through Allen Ginsberg's glasses. ;)
    Yes you make some dang nice fried chicken.  Now maybe work on the white-balance on the photos because that looks like they were taken under a heat lamp through Allen Ginsberg's glasses. ;)
    I live a very busy, happy and fulfilling life. When I get a little time to make myself a treat, and fried chicken is a treat and is something I had to give up with the diabetes diagnosis, I enjoy the preparation and the actual product of said preparation.
    I grabbed a small point and shoot out of the drawer and took one snapshot to share as I thought the chicken turned out very nice.
    I don't really give a rat's ass about white balance, nor do I have the time to care (though strangely I did find the time to post this reply for some reason) but thank you for the kind words about the chicken.
    No kind words for my having put that crummy photo in the off topic section?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    It looks just as good on second and third visits.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95