Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavorā„¢ at:
FacebookĀ  | Ā TwitterĀ  | Ā InstagramĀ  | Ā PinterestĀ  | Ā YoutubeĀ  | Ā Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Added some new accessories šŸ™Œ

Options

Edwardsville, IL (Near St. Louis, MO)
Large Big Green Egg & Weber Genesis IIĀ 

Comments

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Nice, now get to cooking. Post a cook with those new grill grates
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Congrats on the CGS gear. Youā€™ll love itĀ 
  • Dwdude102
    Options
    I just got a woo ring for my small today in the mail. Iā€™m just about to start the egg right now, but this 17 degree weather has been wonderful for me... brisket yesterday turned out great, though!!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.Ā  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice -Ā  I use my grill grates a lot more than I thought I would when I ordered them.

PhoenixĀ 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

You got the charcoal too, right??

I really should have told you to give that money to my mom......no doubt Dad pocketed it and will say that was the rent for my boat storage at the farm or babysitting fees for the kids!!Ā  I should have thought that through before I sent you to the "east warehouse". Ā  Hahahahaha

Enjoy!!
  • Shawnodell83
    Options

You got the charcoal too, right??

I really should have told you to give that money to my mom......no doubt Dad pocketed it and will say that was the rent for my boat storage at the farm or babysitting fees for the kids!!Ā  I should have thought that through before I sent you to the "east warehouse". Ā  Hahahahaha

Enjoy!!
    Lol, yep I got the charcoal! Thanks again. Iā€™ll ne sure to give it to your mom next time šŸ˜‚. He was super nice though.. told me about the Bge he got a long time ago, the wedding gift Bge, then how you got into coal (all during the walk from the back of the house to the front). šŸ‘Œ
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Dwdude102 said:
    I just got a woo ring for my small today in the mail. Iā€™m just about to start the egg right now, but this 17 degree weather has been wonderful for me... brisket yesterday turned out great, though!!
    That woo on the small is a game changer!! Youā€™re gonna love it.Ā 
    Memphis, TNĀ 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Dwdude102
    Options
    Loved it tonight- I used it just elevate for steaks. Idk if thatā€™s the proper usage, since some like to throw the steaks just on coal, but I liked my results a lot! I think Iā€™ll like it for chicken. Am I wrong with this usage? I already had a plate setter.Ā 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited January 2019
    Options

I have that gear, too - except the grill grates. Ā You need the 13ā€ CI grate to go with the spider. Ā I use them all - love the flexibility.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Dwdude102 said:
    Loved it tonight- I used it just elevate for steaks. Idk if thatā€™s the proper usage, since some like to throw the steaks just on coal, but I liked my results a lot! I think Iā€™ll like it for chicken. Am I wrong with this usage? I already had a plate setter.Ā 
    Not wrong at all. Thatā€™s the great thing about having options is you can cook however you get the most consistent ideal outcome.Ā 

I also have the Ps but later added two 15 half stones so I could do indirect and sear the steaks with no delay in between. Top of the grid was 270 whereas the ci over the coals was piping hot and took less than 30 seconds.Ā 

• Shawnodell83
    Options

I have that gear, too - except the grill grates. Ā You need the 13ā€ CI grate to go with the spider. Ā I use them all - love the flexibility.
    Do you use the 13ā€ on the bottom close to fire?