Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In the market for a cheap, tough, and functional watch?

Options
https://www.toddsnyder.com/collections/clearance/products/timex-big-iron-man-black

I ordered for myself on the 17th and I have been wearing it the last few days. For around $50 it is great for a beater, exercise, etc. 

Promo code WLC-ERR-43532 should save another $8 or so. 
Boom

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    @Maitai53 I know it is off topic, it is why I posted this in the off topic forum

unless there is an off topic off topic sub-forum you want to share
    Boom
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I still like wearing a watch even if I do stare at my iPhone all day.  Part functional, part fashion. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Any of the Timex Indiglo, Ironman, and the Casio G Shock.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What no Swatch wearers :grin:
    Edit: I use to have like 5 of those. Damn those 80s 😹
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I've worn a watch for too many years to give it up now. It just feels like something is missing when there is no watch on my wrist.

My current watch is an Apple Watch my kids got me for Christmas. But i've had many a Timex Ironman or Indigo over the years along with some Casios and one Seiko and some Walmart no name brands. 

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    When I wore a "watch" I bought a G-Shock say 10 years ago.  One battery later still works but I only wear it Scuba Diving.  I used to wear it on work travel for the alarm.

Now I wear a Garmin Vivo Smart HR+ for the fitness needs but its a great alarm.

But yes mostly I use my phone as a watch now.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm saving up for a Garmin GPS watch.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    owned a watch in fourth grade, drove me nuts. up til a few years ago i never even used an alarm clock, for some reason i set the alarm now on my flip phone but only on weekends
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    What no Swatch wearers :grin:
    Edit: I use to have like 5 of those. Damn those 80s 😹
    Ha man.....wanna by a watch?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I wear a seiko snk809 with a maratac NATO strap on it. No batteries to die in it, but you have to wear it to make the mechanism charge. You can get the watch on Amazon for $65 or so. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Who wouldn't wear one of these watches

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    I usually have two watches everyday. The first is an iron man that stays in my bag and I wear a Samsung Gear, mostly for the functions that are convenient for my job. The iron man is a back up for if/when the Samsung goes down. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It should be a crime to put mineral crystals on any watch.  Sapphire doesn't cost that much more.
    Options
    I wore one of these Suunto Core watches for almost ten years.  Had a Garmin GPS watch for workouts.  Now I wear an apple watch.  I agree with @SaintJohnsEgger doesn't feel right, not wearing a watch...

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I just bought the cheapest watch at Costco for $79.  A Timex.  

Looked at the other ones and wow a lot of money to tell time.   Even as I was getting this one, a young couple passed behind us and said they don't understand how anyone would not buy an I watch (Apple).  Well, I just want the time, not the weather forecast.

Got it for going to the Theater where I don't want bells going off for whatever reason.  Just need to know how long to wait for intermission to end.

Nice watches above!   
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I can' stand a watch that is analog and digital. It bugs me when the the hands don't agree with the digital display.

I bought a watch once only to get home and find out that the numbers glowed in the dark. But the hands didn't. I returned it rather quickly and that was the last time I bought a watch from J.C. Penny's.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I haven’t worn a watch since I got my first candy bar phone in 1997.  Rings and watches were risky to wear at work.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @nolaegghead that's pretty sweet.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    What's-her-name bought me a Citizen solar-powered watch maybe 18 years ago; still wearing it and have never changed a battery, I do have to reset it every other month.  
    I'm a weirdo, I do have a smartphone but only carry it when I'm traveling, motorcycling, or backpacking; not even sure where it is right now.   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    This has been my daily wear for years and years. It’s got a few scratches but I don’t care. 

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I sported a Casio G-shock for years turning wrenches on locomotives.  Oil grease and dirt on a daily basis.  It never failed me but it now rests and on my shelf for the last year and a half.....No Watch No More!  It's a little more than putting my watch up, it's a symbolic gesture as the railroad always ran on time. Rofl even if it didn't.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I sported a Casio G-shock for years turning wrenches on locomotives.  Oil grease and dirt on a daily basis.  It never failed me but it now rests and on my shelf for the last year and a half.....No Watch No More!  It's a little more than putting my watch up, it's a symbolic gesture as the railroad always ran on time. Rofl even if it didn't.
    Railroads and time?  No relationship at all with inventing the pocket watch!
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I own Swiss watches, but since retiring, no longer wear a watch.  My I Phone let’s me know what time it is.  After 41 years of scheduling Electric Utility workers and coordinating construction schedules in 44 counties, I am ready to let the time slip by and not follow a clock or schedule.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I had to replace my car battery a few months ago. During the change it reset my cars clock. I forgot to reset the clock the first few days after installing the battery. I quickly found myself enjoying not knowing what time it was. Especially when going to work. That constant glancing at the clock to make sure you're going to be on time or beat certain parts of traffic was almost wearing on me subconsciously. In reality I wasn't ever going to be late and traffic isn't going to change with me staring at a clock. I found myself much more relaxed not staring at a clock. It's bizarre how much your life is based around a set of numbers. 

Congrats on setting that watch up on the shelf. It's nice getting lost in time and not caught up in it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    It should be a crime to put mineral crystals on any watch.  Sapphire doesn't cost that much more.
    I intend on getting a sapphire crystal installed on my seiko 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)