Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kitchen gadgets that actually work

Options
Ever read one of those facespace lists for "101 kitchen things you can't live without" and actually found something good? I'm a giant consumerist and buy tons of junk I don't need, but every once and a while I actually pick up something worth wile. Post up your "as seen on tv" gems or other little things you make space for in your kitchen drawers and can't live without. 

Comments

• tybenj
    tybenj Posts: 58
    Options
    My two favorites are this pineapple slicer/ correr and this grapefruit segmenter. 

I haven't put a knife to a pineapple after getting this thing, and when your done it makes a nice little pineapple drink cup

The grapefruit knife is great if you like broiled grapefruit halves with some brown sugar on them forbreakfast. Just run this thing around the grapefruit and sprinkle with brown sugar and throw it under the broiler for a few minutes and you eat it with a spoon, no fighting the membrane .
  • tybenj
    tybenj Posts: 58
    Options
    And for things I hate these little bastards 

If you own a dachshund, people always get you wiener dog related things as gifts. I think we are up to three sets (18 heads and tails) of these needle sharp little things that DO NOT STICK INTO EACH OTHER so I'm left with a kitchen drawer that these things share with the chip clips.  Loose needles with things that you use often is not a good idea  
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Biscuit cutter. The hole in the top releases the vacuum. Works like a champ.

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.