Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco

Options
First time adventuring into my closest Costco. That place could be dangerous and expensive!

Picked up some awesome looking prime brisket and some great looking cap ribeye steaks!

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Watch out. $400-500 trips will soon become the norm. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    I am surprised when I get out of the door under $200. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Know this: Their return policy is phenomenal. Phenomenal. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    I am surprised when I get out of the door under $200. 
    I used to have this game I played.....try to get as close to $200, without going over.  Those days are long gone now as it's $300-400 every trip.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Love our Costco membership, but it is not wallet friendly.  A routine trip is a $200 trip.  Going on a serious grocery trip and it's easily double that.  We just became members again this year after several years of not, and it's been wonderful. 
    You definitely want to plan your trips. And you'll spend more money there than you imagine.  At a minimum get the Executive membership and if you want, get the Costco credit card to boot with the additional cash back.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    It's crazy, but i once heard about a guy returning a 7 year old Christmas tree for a refund.
    Phenomenal refund policy as stated.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    We have those same issues at Sams Club.  $250-300 out the door. Not that happy with Sams lately, and see that there is a new Cosco in Wichita. Might drop the Sams membership and buy a Cosco instead.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Get the Costco Visa. 2% on everything in store and 5% on gas up to $7k and that’s at all gas stations not just Costco.I just got my yearly Costco executive member check it was $197 and my Visa check comes next month it is just over $500.  I’m like others my average is $200 a week and we go every week. 
  • stlcharcoal
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Lit said:
    Get the Costco Visa. 2% on everything in store and 5% on gas up to $7k and that’s at all gas stations not just Costco.I just got my yearly Costco executive member check it was $197 and my Visa check comes next month it is just over $500.  I’m like others my average is $200 a week and we go every week. 
    Not splitting hairs, but it's 4% on all gas on Costco......5% on all gas is Sam's Mastercard (first $6000).  So I use the Sam's Card first, then use the Costco card once I hit the limit. 

Also, I found you have to use the respective card at that station.  If you use a Chase Freedom or Discover at either during their promo 5%, you won't get the reward.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited January 2019
    Options
    How the heck do you keep up with all of those credit card offers?  
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have 3 cards. Chase freedom it has awesome online offers you log into their site then click a link to whatever store website and you shop like normal and use the chase card and you get several percent back depending on the store. They also do the quarterly deal where you get 5% back at box store up to $1500. Then amazon card gives you 5% back on everything from amazon. Then the Costco Visa. They are all set to auto pay last months balance so it’s easy and I get probably $12-1500 a year back. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Lit said:
    I have 3 cards. Chase freedom it has awesome online offers you log into their site then click a link to whatever store website and you shop like normal and use the chase card and you get several percent back depending on the store. They also do the quarterly deal where you get 5% back at box store up to $1500. Then amazon card gives you 5% back on everything from amazon. Then the Costco Visa. They are all set to auto pay last months balance so it’s easy and I get probably $12-1500 a year back. 
    Yeah then Discover is 5% off groceries Jan-Mar up on the first $1500.  I have two of those cards to take full advantage of that.

I have the Amazon one too for the 5% off.

Then everything else personal goes on the Fidelity Visa which is a flat 2%.

Then I have four Capital One Spark Plus cards for the three businesses for a flat 2% off everything.  They had to give me two of them for the one business since I was maxing the first one out every month.

It's a game keeping them all straight, but a money making one since I easily get $8000 a year back in rewards with just the one Spark card.  I've never added up all the other ones.
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I got my membership earlier this month and I've been happy with it. I don't spend a fortune and only buy meats for the next week's cooks. I have been 3 times so far and the crowd has been insane each time. I hate crowds. Getting run over by people trying to get to the free samples is not the way I want to die. You would think those people haven't eaten at weeks and need the samples to survive.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I got my membership earlier this month and I've been happy with it. I don't spend a fortune and only buy meats for the next week's cooks. I have been 3 times so far and the crowd has been insane each time. I hate crowds. Getting run over by people trying to get to the free samples is not the way I want to die. You would think those people haven't eaten at weeks and need the samples to survive.
    Go right at opening (or even beforehand, as many open early) and you will avoid the masses (to some extent anyway!).
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Usually min $300 a visit...and I go there way too often.  About to get my own parking spot soon. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Are you going during the weekends and which location?
    Jacksonville FL