Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas! Question on this Kick Ash for KJ vs BGE...

Options
My sweet wife went to buy a kick ash basket for my XL BGE, and the store was out but they told her the KJ basket was better quality and works in the BGE.   This sucker is heavy and comes with the divider, but I mainly wanted the KAB to shake the lump out and this has hooks instead of handles,  making it a little awkward. 

I think I need to return and get the KAB specifically for BGE.  Have to admit the quality of this KJ version is impressive,  it looks like it would last forever.  

Love to get your opinions on this.  Appreciate your wisdom!

Merry Christmas
Milton, GA 
XL BGE & FB300

Comments

• EggbertGreenII
    Options
    Looks substantial enough to me. I have a KAB and couldn't/wouldn't do without it. The loss of handles on your KJ basket might me a little bit of an impediment, but not much, I'd say. It'll do the same thing as a KAB.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    If you wanted almost like the real thing you’d have a KJ instead of an egg.... but seeing neither of those are true I’d support the real deal 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Reading the thread title I thought you meant KAB made for BJ vs. KAB made for XL. What your photos show is KJ's shameless knockoff of KAB, similar to BGE's knockoff of @TJV 's CGS originals, aka Eggspander.
    canuckland
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Reading the thread title I thought you meant KAB made for BJ vs. KAB made for XL. What your photos show is KJ's shameless knockoff of KAB, similar to BGE's knockoff of @TJV 's CGS originals, aka Eggspander.
    I asked for the KAB, but the store told my wife this was better (of course they wanted to sell what they had in stock)  so she bought it.  I'll return it for the KAB as the handles are critical for me.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300