Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you getting your better half for Christmas?

Options
If you're looking for suggestions, I recommend one of these. 

She really enjoys her vacuum! 

Merry Christmas!
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Much deserved Matt. She is a lucky lady. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    That Sucks  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Closest you'll get to a blow job for the rest of the marriage. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hats off to you Matt, it took some big cajones to post that on the forum.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Man, you’re wife must have a HUGE

Desire to clean the house. 
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    This model  is not very good on battery life. After 1 1/2 minutes on high it is depleted and takes an hour or more to charge up. Returning to Costco
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    This model  is not very good on battery life. After 1 1/2 minutes on high it is depleted and takes an hour or more to charge up. Returning to Costco
    I’m told they take back anything.....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    I’m told they take back anything.....
    He was just kidding, though 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Switching from the humorous side to the serious side - after 74 years here on plant earth my wife and I celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary back in August. We quit exchanging birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gifts YEARS ago!
    We still give gifts to our closet relatives and friends...but more often than not these gifts are consumeables! At our ages the last thing we need is another thing to dust or store away!

BTW you will be surprised at the very weight off your mind when you quit worrying "what to buy this year?"

Merry Christmas! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    BTW you will be surprised at the very weight off your mind when you quit worrying "what to buy this year?"
    I have a granddaughter that will ensure that I won’t know that feeling for several years. She goes through money worse than I do. In her defense though, ole Paw Paw has spoiled her from the second that she was born. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    She's been wantinf one for a long time

the one she already is travel size

Vacuum. Vacuum, I mean
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    RRP said:
    Switching from the humorous side to the serious side - after 74 years here on plant earth my wife and I celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary back in August. We quit exchanging birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gifts YEARS ago!
    We still give gifts to our closet relatives and friends...but more often than not these gifts are consumeables! At our ages the last thing we need is another thing to dust or store away!

Merry Christmas! 
    First of all WOW! What an achievement! I have been married 15 years and we are the same way, I'd rather buy her flowers for no reason than "surprise" her with a great gift at Christmas. In addition we have a 9 and 13 year old, it's about them, not us. 
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    KayNOcook already has her gifts yes she got two this year! #1 was a 2006 17' Pontoon boat, 60 HP Yamaha 4 stroke motor and #2 Is a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 5 speed on the floor with 66,000 miles. I love fishing on her boat and driving her truck with a stick shift is a lot of fun as well. I'm hoping my gifts from her are on par with her gifts!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• oldgeezeystax
    Options

She's been buying a fake leather bag like this from target every year or so for the past 3 years, time she gets some real leather...
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Well her birthday is Thursday and Christmas is Tuesday. She isn’t a fan of one gift for both. (Found our the hard way).  I didn’t do too good last year. Hoping this year is a home run.  Afraid to open it cause I won’t be able to put t back together. 

Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Well her birthday is Thursday and Christmas is Tuesday. She isn’t a fan of one gift for both. (Found our the hard way).  I didn’t do too good last year. Hoping this year is a home run.  Afraid to open it cause I won’t be able to put t back together. 

Somebody is getting laid Thursday night.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Me and my gf make our presents...makes us actually think about something special and meaningful over the past year of dating vs getting a specified list .....Last 2 bimbos I dated only saw $$$..wanted designer shoes, purses and all that bull skit .in return I got a coffee mug or one pink dress shirt 3 sizes too small (and for the record indent wear pink).....started this one out right

She's getting a couple of paintings of some butterfly designs her and her sister came up with as kids and have since kept up with.
    She's also getting a butterfly picture collection for her office 
    Orange and blue is kind of a joke....shes not an Auburn fan

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    If you're looking for suggestions, I recommend one of these. 

She really enjoys her vacuum! 

Merry Christmas!

Apparently you haven't got it, so she'll get it else where. 

I thought she was to be the vacuum.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Me and my gf make our presents...makes us actually think about something special and meaningful over the past year of dating vs getting a specified list .....Last 2 bimbos I dated only saw $$$..wanted designer shoes, purses and all that bull skit .in return I got a coffee mug or one pink dress shirt 3 sizes too small (and for the record indent wear pink).....started this one out right

She's getting a couple of paintings of some butterfly designs her and her sister came up with as kids and have since kept up with.
    She's also getting a butterfly picture collection for her office 
    Orange and blue is kind of a joke....shes not an Auburn fan

You haven't learned yet. That's how it is in the beginning. Cute little notes and "meaningful" gifts. Then the longer you are together they want the $$$ stuff.  

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018....I have learned..that's why I'm not doing that stuff. She makes enough she can buy what she wants, and in return I buy myself what I want. We keep money out of the equation.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @DuckDogDr you better sandbag something in the closet just in case! Just kidding brother more power to you. In my opinion it would be harder to make her something than swipe and have it delivered. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Saving for a motorized sausage stuffer.  That might have to be valentines day though.  For Christmas, I was thinking of getting her a dehydrator and some meat probes.

My ex and I have a great arrangement.  I buy her what I would like, and she never hears about it, and I use the gifts as if they were my own.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @blasting that’s very understanding of her
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    blasting said:

Saving for a motorized sausage stuffer.  That might have to be valentines day though.  For Christmas, I was thinking of getting her a dehydrator and some meat probes.

My ex and I have a great arrangement.  I buy her what I would like, and she never hears about it, and I use the gifts as if they were my own.

My dogs don't care what I buy myself , it's awesome
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm going in the Hall for this. Didn't know they existed till last week.

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    i got her a new marmot coat, some tennis shoes and some vinyard vine stuff she wanted.  im hoping for the amazen smoker tray the budgets are not equal it appears.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @TEXASBGE2018....I have learned..that's why I'm not doing that stuff. She makes enough she can buy what she wants, and in return I buy myself what I want. We keep money out of the equation.

Then you found one of the good ones. Keep her.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

And

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    dmchicago said:

And

I hope the weather is as good for you in person as it is in those pictures.  We got rain, fog with mist, rain and really really really heavy mist. Did not see the sun at any point below 10k feet. Needed to be on the plane to see it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.