Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dude just showed up at my house with a Quartered Deer... what now?

Options
2»

Comments

• AppStateDDS
    Options
    Dude - Hurseys did this for you?  They are all over my neck of the woods.  Keep thinking about getting a hog from them and cooking it up!  Glad they worked out for you! 
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Dude - Hurseys did this for you?  They are all over my neck of the woods.  Keep thinking about getting a hog from them and cooking it up!  Glad they worked out for you! 
    You’re burlington area, right?

the place was spotless clean when I came. I expect any place that’s inspected to process and do sausage (Ag dept level) would be, but it’s hard to fool me - I’ve been in commercial
    kitchens for a while.. we’ll definitely be back. Nice folks. 

brandi is making up a shepherds pie with two pounds of the ground right now. Damiens signature garlic masked potatoes on top, naturally. 

Had the sausage  today with some scrambled eggs omg

But the real winner has to be these ding dong deer slim Jim’s. They’re unbelievable. Un. Be. Lievable. 

Wonder what maybe a suckling pig from them
    would be - like what some here do on their eggs. 

Side question - how the frig do YOU pronounce “Ossipee?!?!!”
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• AppStateDDS
    Options
    Haha, that’s easy.  Oss-i (like said in “pig”)-pee.  Some crazy names over here in Alamance County.  Altamahaw Ossipee, Saxapahaw, etc.  If you haven’t visited Saxapahaw for their two restaurants, brewery, coffee shop, and butchery - you should.  Neat place.  My bro had some Hurseys venison “hotdogs” yesterday, said they were awesome! 
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC