Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Staub Dutch Oven Sale

Options

Comments

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    Impulse buy a few years ago; I amazing how much I use this little pot. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I did a search and they were on Amazon for the same price. I ordered 2, one for me and one for a gift, I think its a good deal and hard to pass up. I have a Lodge CI dutch oven that is not enameled, I've always wanted a pot that could handle acidic foods.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    GregW said:
    Thanks for posting. I did a search and they were on Amazon for the same price. I ordered 2, one for me and one for a gift, I think its a good deal and hard to pass up. I have a Lodge CI dutch oven that is not enameled, I've always wanted a pot that could handle acidic foods.

Amazon will almost always drop their price to match other deals online.
    Really like mine.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

That's a nice pot - good find @Photo Egg

Enamelled DO are a great addition.  I wouldn't mind this size but I'm gonna let the wallet age a little.

Phoenix 
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    Thanks this looks great! 

I have a huge enameled lodge cast iron for chili and soups.

I want to start baking bread, is the 4 qt a good size for this? For nice small loafs? 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Photo Egg
    Options
    JacksDad said:
    Thanks this looks great! 

I have a huge enameled lodge cast iron for chili and soups.

I want to start baking bread, is the 4 qt a good size for this? For nice small loafs? 

Should be perfect for the rustic loafs of bread.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    For some reason, these were showing up at pawn shops earlier this year, NIB for even less. 

I really like mine. The 4qt size works well for us. 

@JacksDad this should work well for loaves 400g or less. A 450g loaf is just right when I bake in a 5qt CIDO with a domed lid. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    caliking said:
    For some reason, these were showing up at pawn shops earlier this year, NIB for even less. 

I really like mine. The 4qt size works well for us. 

@JacksDad this should work well for loaves 400g or less. A 450g loaf is just right when I bake in a 5qt CIDO with a domed lid. 
    Really, pawn ships and you kept it a secret.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Really, pawn ships and you kept it a secret.lol
    Not true! Check your texts. From February :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    GregW said:

Amazon will almost always drop their price to match other deals online.
    Really like mine.
    I'm trying to reduce my dependency on Amazon. This is the first time in 12 years that I don't have Prime. My membership ended in May.
    Honestly, I've only seen one additional day in shipping times, and a lot of times it comes in exactly the same time as Prime. The only caveat is the $25  min for free shipping. The Prime price increase helped me decide to cancel, but what really pushed me over the edge, is a lot of small stuff can only be purchased through their "Add On Item " program.

Amazon makes it very easy to buy something. That ease is why I went with them for this purchase. I've also grown very comfortable using Paypal, they make it easy to buy online without having to enter payment details.

I've said more than I probably should , but back to the original topic, the awesome Staub dutch oven, I'm looking forward to receiving them.

Thanks again