Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SUPER buy on a 22" Blackstone!

Options
I have been looking around on the internet for a 22" Blackstone for a while but every site said "out of 
stock".  Figured I was just going to have to wait for spring and start again.  Well a couple of days ago Walmart did show the package including the hood, stand, bulk tank adapter at normal price of $174.00.  Also, in checking, they did show it in stock at my local store.  It's only a very short drive, so I went looking.  Talked to a guy and he said that they did have one left "in the back".  We walked to where they had a ton of summer type merchandise stacked up and there it was.  Only thing was, it had a seasonal mark-down price on the box of $147.00.  Almost sprained my thumb getting my wallet out.

I do need to ask something.  After assembling and seasoning according to the video, last night I cooked a nice new york strip with sliced up onions (no pics) and did have a little sticking on one side of the steak.  I think that it may have been the side that I hit with salt and pepper.  Would that make any sense?  I also used a splash of Worcestershire sauce, would that have contributed to the sticking?  This morning I heated up the griddle and scraped the sticky stuff ass as best as I could..Should I now re-season?   Sorry to be so wordy, but I'd like some guidance from you Blackstone experts.
TIA
John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon

Comments