Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm indifferent to Amazon.

Options
I use it, but its value is becoming diminished.  Mostly, it is convenient and I am lazy.
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I fit the same profile. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    IMHO . . . I'm not happy that the billionaire needs to increase his Prime membership $20 p/y . . .
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    IMHO . . . I'm not happy that the billionaire needs to increase his Prime membership $20 p/y . . .
    So pay the shipping
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I do like the fact that they offer a fair balance of pro & con reviews.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’m enjoying all the Amazon threads. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    It’s not the best deals like it used to be. Plus now have to pay all the sales tax. 

Deptaetment stores will be gone soon 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I can find certain things I can't locally (weird groceries, gadgets, and especially music CDs) but otherwise will pay a bit more to buy things locally.  I'm still paying for Prime but I don't have Netflix so its my movie source.  

A certain Senator finally got Bezos to up the minimum wage for his Amazoid employees to $15/hr, that's about $27,000/yr (hint: he doesn't have an "R" by his name) and is now going after McDonald's.  Meanwhile, Mr. Bezos himself makes $260M per day!  And did you realize that, while most of us were watching the Kavanaugh debacle, the republicans in the House passed a $2.4 TRILLION additional tax cut for Bezos and his cronies?!?!?  (it doesn't sound like the Senate will pass it also, thank god)  

Jeff Bezos made $260,000,000.00.  Yesterday.
    How much did you make, yesterday?    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I’m a big fan. Prime member here. In the old days, if you weren’t sure where to find a given item, you’d have to scope out several stores. Now, it’s one search and I’ve got what I need. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Botch said:
    I can find certain things I can't locally (weird groceries, gadgets, and especially music CDs) but otherwise will pay a bit more to buy things locally.  I'm still paying for Prime but I don't have Netflix so its my movie source.  

A certain Senator finally got Bezos to up the minimum wage for his Amazoid employees to $15/hr, that's about $27,000/yr (hint: he doesn't have an "R" by his name) and is now going after McDonald's.  Meanwhile, Mr. Bezos himself makes $260M per day!  And did you realize that, while most of us were watching the Kavanaugh debacle, the republicans in the House passed a $2.4 TRILLION additional tax cut for Bezos and his cronies?!?!?  (it doesn't sound like the Senate will pass it also, thank god)  

I did pretty well yesterday.  I had bunch of great food with greater friends. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Bezos will make $1 billion between Mega-Millions drawings.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Jeff made $6.5M since I opened this thread.  Amazing!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    theyolksonyou said:
    Wish I was with you folks!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Botch said:
    theyolksonyou said:
    Me too
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Do you cook or cook with anything from Amazon? 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I came across this several years ago in an attempt to get a better appreciation of the quantity 1 Billion.  1 Billion seconds is about 31.7 years.  So most of us are on the planet for a bit more than 2 billion seconds.
    Not sure how to relate it to $$ but there you go.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’m sure there is an “I’m unhappy with Amazon Forum” out there somewhere if you look real hard.  

Hell man they might even have an “off topic “ section you could talk about your cooks on the  egg.  IDK 

analyze adapt overcome

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Gloves, hot gloves, spices, other shît.....
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Gloves, hot gloves, spices, other shît.....
    Got me there didn’t you?.  Lol

analyze adapt overcome

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    theyolksonyou said:
    Me too
     #METOO
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Botch said:
    theyolksonyou said:
    Me too
     #METOO
    or as non-millenials read that: "pound me too" ... take that for what it is worth.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Is that like scoring with an Amazon as in a prior post  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Botch said:

Since you made it political like you do just about everything....I'll say I didn't make near as much as Bezos or any other trillionaire did yesterday....not a big surprise.  But am damn sure bringing a damn bit more of my hard-earned home than I did during the previous admin.  Which is a good thing seeing I have one in college and another about to start.

Don't really feel guilty or bad about it either.  Sorry about that. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    Botch said:

Since you made it political like you do just about everything....I'll say I didn't make near as much as Bezos or any other trillionaire did yesterday....not a big surprise.  But am damn sure bringing a damn bit more of my hard-earned home than I did during the previous admin.  Which is a good thing seeing I have one in college and another about to start.

Don't really feel guilty or bad about it either.  Sorry about that. 

Amen. And don't be sorry.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Amazon is useful for random stuff that the shops don't have - when you live in the country, that's quite a lot of stuff. It's like the Sears catalogue used to be, nothing new just online.

I always try and support local businesses in preference, and won't go into a local business for advice / to see the stuff then buy online cheaper.