Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RIP Paul Allen - OT

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Regardless of what you think of Microsoft, 65 is way too young.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Retired at 30 then enjoyed a life well lived.  Such a wide variety of interests and charitable as well.  I'm a fan.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    With the overwhelming response here, I woulda though Beyonce had died.

Seriously though, he put his mark on the world in a good way.  Sad that he didn't ever get married or have children.
    Options
    Should we really feel sad for a guy who became a billionaire at 30, remained a bachelor, owned some insane yacht's as well as 3 sports teams? I say yes.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DMW
    Options
    Eoin said:
    With the overwhelming response here, I woulda though Beyonce had died.

Seriously though, he put his mark on the world in a good way.  Sad that he didn't ever get married or have children.
    Low profile guy.  Microsoft used to be the source of a lot of hatred, but they now look quite reasonable compared to other tech companies.
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-open-sources-its-entire-patent-portfolio/
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nichole worked with him, and Bill fairly early on. Peripherally. A good guy. Was nice to the employees.  Not sure how being rich because you earned it factors into whether or not condolences or a tribute is ok.  Too young.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nichole worked with him, and Bill fairly early on. Peripherally. A good guy. Was nice to the employees.  Not sure how being rich because you earned it factors into whether or not condolences or a tribute is ok.  Too young.
    That's pretty cool that she got to work with them. Both Bill and Paul have used their wealth to benefit others. And that's something to admire. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bill and Paul are much better people than our current leadership. 
    Options
    And both are actual billionaires.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    edited October 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Can’t give it a fvcking rest can either of you? 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    It's a symbiotic relationship of which you are an integral part. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    They can’t, thier hair is on fire 24/7 
    Jacksonville FL