Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dove Egg Rolls and More-Field to Table (Pic Heavy)

Options
Mostly meat on the menu tonight! Meals like this are best enjoyed with friends.

Dove poppers, dove egg rolls, and beer bratwurst.

Dove poppers: Dove breast (unmarinated), cream cheese, jalapeños, maple bacon. 400 direct until bacon was cooked.
Beer brats: Boiled in Sam Adams Octoberfest with onions and finished on the egg. 400 direct until desired grill marks are achieved.
Dove Egg Rolls:
Dove tenderized and marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar.
Sautéed broccoli slaw in some of the dove marinade for filling.
Assembled egg rolls with about 1 Tbs of slaw and one dove breast.
Cooked in CI about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.

LBGE
AL

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Fantastic cook.

Hang on for a load of grief for owning a $40 5 gallon bucket.   =)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Outstanding looking meal. How have the dove been this year in your area?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    That looks incredible.  Great cook and great pics.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That is what I call living right. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• chard
    chard Posts: 67
    Options
    Bravo.  Just fantastic all the way around.  
    Eggin' with a Large and Small
    Twin Cities, MN
  • Thanks for sharing, looks delicious!
    Richard
    large BGE, Birmingham, AL
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Thank you guys!

@Griffin They have definitely been more scarce recently but the weekend we killed those we saw around 300 or so that afternoon. At the start of the season this year we were seeing between 300 and 400 on the fields we were hunting.

@Spaightlabs I hear ya brother but hey, I catch grief for everything else, I might as well catch grief for something that's functional. At least I didn't pay for it =). Truthfully, after breaking handles and bottoms out of other 5 gallons this yeti one has been key! The organizer has been great, I fish with this thing since it holds my cast net, terminal tackle, baits, etc... and I don't have to worry about bait smell with the lid. I wish it had a swivel seat but if I loose this one I would probably buy another.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dove egg rolls sound absolutely fantastic!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit They were delicious, you need to try them! They were faster than making poppers. The key is making sure the meat is flat/tenderized enough.
    LBGE
    AL
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’ll have to try dove egg rolls. Nice cook!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon