Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip, Chimichurri & Smashed Taters (pics on pics on pics)

NDG
NDG Posts: 2,432
Tri Tip with coffee rub, reverse sear, start low @ raised direct ~260F for hr until internal 135 or so.  Pulled and got cast iron grate super hot, dome at near 600.  Seared for ~2 mins per side, saw internal temp over 140 and pulled to rest.

Smashed potatoes unreal, using pressure cooker and mounds of butter & whole milk.
Chimi always my fav, with cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime juice, s&p all in nutibullet - quick & fresh.
B.Sprouts in oven w. olive oil, thyme, honey s&p.
Wine is DuMOL, made my my little sister who is wine maker here - cool huh? 😊

Every bite was amazing and worth the effort . . Feels good to post again!! Crawling out of the new baby haze, again, as my second girl is 4 months old today !!  Breaking in the new patio, all good, thanks for lookin.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments