Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Creamed Spinach with Bacon

Options
Made this last night after I realized my wife was about to go out of town for the weekend and leave me with a giant container of fresh spinach that would most certainly get thrown away. Found a few recipes online and used those as a base to come up with one that would utilize the ingredients I had on hand. 

Paired with some reverse seared NY strips and we had one heck of a meal. We loved the creamed spinach so much that my wife made me write down what I did in order to replicate it again - so here ya'll go.

Ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup of chopped cooked bacon
  • 16 oz fresh baby spinach
  • 6 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:

• Get egg setup to 350 indirect
  • Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cream cheese. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and cream cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Mix in the spinach, bacon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Transfer the mixture to a disposable foil ½ pan or a baking dish and sprinkle with the panko and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake on the egg until bubbling and light golden on top, about 15 minutes.

Leftovers for lunch today won't disappoint!

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker

Comments