Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pizza sauce

2»

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    poster said:
    Now, when you want to make an appetizer of garlic knots, my sauce recipe would be substantially different.  But for a traditional margarita pizza, that's all you need.

Do you have a recipe for these so called garlic knots? sounds like something I could like
    No real recipe, per se.  Here's the thread from the last time I made them: https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2362010#Comment_2362010

You can take leftover pizza dough or canned biscuit dough (split each biscuit in half).  Roll dough into medium-thickness strings and tie a simple knot.

I usually take some dried or fresh italian herbs (e.g. oregano, basil, etc.) and add it to a sauce pot with some butter and minced garlic over medium heat to let the garlic brown and infuse all of the flavors into the butter.

Then just brush it on top of your garlic knots and grate some parmesean / pecorino romano cheese on top of each one and bake them off...enjoy!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • This might be a really stupid comment, but could you do deep dish or Detroit style pizza in one of these?  
    Sure can. Hi temp setting gets to about 500 Celsius so just need to turn down flame. 

I like Ike it for the obvious ease of propane, possibility of high temp for neopolitan and also plan to use it (or try) for finishing steak in CI after i sous-vide. 

Will update after i try that