Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thank you RRP

BobDangerBobDanger Posts: 270
This came from the leftover butt thread. 

I made a small butt over the weekend and was looking for something different...RRP posted a recipe that looked fantastic...here’s The start and done pics.

i followed the recipe with the exception of microwave the bacon...I cooked it it the CI pot and left all the awesome grease from the 8 bacon strip to sauté the onions and bell peppers then added everything else.

Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max

Comments

• Looks great!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • bubbajackbubbajack Posts: 87
    All you need with that is some conebread!
    If you are going to cook, then do it well.

Salisbury, NC..... One mile from Butt Blast. XL,L, MM BGE
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,534
    Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it as well as we do! Sometimes I use cherry instead of apple and we've never gotten anything but compliments with either one!!! 
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Yes that recipe hit me too, need to do a butt so I can make it, looks excellent 
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,534
    Yes that recipe hit me too, need to do a butt so I can make it, looks excellent 
    Glad you saw the "goodness" in that recipe as well! 

L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,182
    That looks mighty good!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• BobDangerBobDanger Posts: 270
    It's awesome...gonna give it a try with cherry next time.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Chris8938Chris8938 Posts: 138
    I must have missed that one, is someone able to link the discussion please?
    Appleton, WI    Inherited LBGE
  • GoldenQGoldenQ Posts: 347
    Which leftover butt thread     that looks good and RRP always has great recipes
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 2,093
    Agree, saved the recipe for sometime soon.  Searched the forum, there were several threads discussing the recipe.  Thank you for sharing your results!
    Southlake, TX, and Cowhouse Creek, Gatesville, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • BobDangerBobDanger Posts: 270
    Making my second batch...the last of my leftover pulled pork. This time I’m trying cherry.

i took the last pot to work in it was finished in one lunch. Awesome.

Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max