Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese

Options
We were cleaning out the fridge and pantry and found 3 chicken breasts, 2 pieces of bacon and some that Kraft shells and cheese... so I figured throw it all together and see how it tastes :)
Wrapped the 2 pieces of Bacon around the chicken, threw some spices on and cooked on the egg at 350 for about 30 minutes, Made the shells and cheese according to the directions but only cooked the shells about 70% so they could finish off in the final mix. Diced up the chicken and shredded the bacon, put the chicken back in the pan with the melted butter and bacon grease and added some bbq sauce, put it back on the egg for about 10 minutes. Then we mixed everything in the cast iron added some sauteed bread crumbs and more shredded cheese to the top and back in the egg for another 20 minutes, came out delish! 

Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."

Comments