Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rodney Scott's Coming Soon

Options
GregW
GregW Posts: 2,677
He has a new place opening in the former location of the Saigon Noodle House in the Birmingham Alabama Avondale area. (Yes it is a hipster area)
The Saigon Noodle House had some sort of a smoker out front with a vertical chamber. Someone placed a large poster board sign on the smoker that read "Cat drop off crematorium" needless to say the Noodle house management was apparently not happy with the sign.
The Noodle House didn't last more than a year or so.

I hope Scott's fares better. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I heard it was just the Jim 'n Nick's guys paying Rodney for the name. Will Rodney actually be there cooking? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Road trip. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GregW
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I heard it was just the Jim 'n Nick's guys paying Rodney for the name. Will Rodney actually be there cooking? 
    I seriously doubt Rodney Scott will make more than a cameo appearance. I also doubt Rodney Scott's cooking methods would scale to busy restaurant. I just can't see them cooking down wood to coals in a urban area.

Speaking of Jim and Nick's, it's almost criminal what they have done to BBQ in central Alabama. He makes a lot of money, but it's far from pit cooked BBQ.
  • GregW
    Options
    Road trip. 
    If you come Bham, let me know and I will buy you lunch or dinner.
  • RockyTopDW
    Options
    hopefully, it's not Jim & nick's.  
  • GregW
    Options
    hopefully, it's not Jim & nick's.  
    Jim and Nick's haven't gotten any of my money in over 10 years.