Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Congrats to the Arizona State Sun Devils for beating Michigan State last nite, Tailgate Brisket

Options
I brought two full packer egged briskets (no time for picts) to a pregame tailgate party.   The 45 people who were at our tailgate were blown away at how awesome the briskets were.  Got a 16 lb trimmed and a 12 lb trimmed.  Put the bigger one on Fri nite at 6, the smaller on at 10 pm.  210F until 4 PM Saturday.  Did wrap in foil at 130pm sat and bumped the heat up to 260F.   Dry rub was salt and pepper.  Poured lime juice in the foil.   Perfection.  

On the game, Mich St is a big fast physical team and they played tough.   

The entire sports world was perplexed at ASU hiring Herm Edwards.   Herm outcoached Dantonio and he's doing some good things in Tempe.

Well, the Sun Devils made plays when they needed to, Mich St had  hard time in the heat, lots of PMS (painful Michigan state) :cramping due to the heat and poor prep for conditions but this was a great game win or lose for either side.   A defensive heavyweight fight. Final score 16-13.   It was a fun one to attend.

GO SUN DEVILS!

Comments

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Congrats on the win.  My Razorbacks are rebuilding with a new coach and yesterday’s loss to Colorado State was painful.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I’m a Michigan man.  My buddy at work bleeds Michigan State Sparty green.  I can’t wait to get to the office tomorrow.
    Flint, Michigan
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    How does a team prepare for playing a game when it was 110* at kickoff?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    Congrats on the win.  My Razorbacks are rebuilding with a new coach and yesterday’s loss to Colorado State was painful.
    Hang in there man. I know bielema didn't deliver but the rebuild process takes time...asu had good foundation when ctg was fired.  Herm will tie it all together
  • westernbbq
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I’m a Michigan man.  My buddy at work bleeds Michigan State Sparty green.  I can’t wait to get to the office tomorrow.
    FWIW, Msu is a really big and physical team.  Midway thru 3rd q they were up 6 to zero. Two field goals. Then the devils scored a fg then Msu got a touch.   Ash tied it up late, traded possessions and with 2 mins left it was first and goal. Asu took a knee 3x then kicked game winner as time expired.    You could see how gassed Msu d line was 99 and 93.  Big men who broke down in the heat. @erniemcclain, at Ko it was 101 on field.  By 2nd half it was 93.   Our guys are used to that so they got stronger as the game wore on
    Msu has a solid quarterback, an excellent o line, great receiver and two pounding running backs.   Secondary and linebackers are great players
    But the heat was the difference maker.   1st half Msu had 1 penalty.  In 2nd they racked up at least 8 more.  This one could have gone either way late but asu won an instant classic
    I respect Msu and am glad we beat them

The brisket was amazing...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    They are a good team.  We always wager on the U of M/MSU game every year.  The loser buys cider & doughnuts for the office.  Texts usually go out right after the game like “that cider is gonna be sweet!” and stuff like that.  A few years back that I don’t care to remember, the bet was cookies for the office.  Michigan was ahead with like a minute to go and had to punt.  I texted my buddy about how great the cookies will taste on Monday.  Then disaster struck!  MSU blocked the punt and rumbled into the end zone!!  MSU beats us.  I get a text “I like chocolate chip.”  THAT SUCKED!
    Flint, Michigan
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

And a shout out to CU for beating Nebraska in a very good game.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    It could be worse. My Boilermakers have been rebuilding for a decade. 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • westernbbq
    Options

And a shout out to CU for beating Nebraska in a very good game.

I watched that one.  BUFFS looked good against a good NE team at memorial stadium....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I’m going no to the Nebraska - MSU game in Lincoln in November. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I’m going no to the Nebraska - MSU game in Lincoln in November. 
    That will be a smash mouth game ....MSU is good but NE will get better as the season wears on...