Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

peesa pizza

Options
DWFII
DWFII Posts: 317
edited September 2018 in EggHead Forum
4th pie, 35 year old sourdough crust--dome 550°, stone 485°+, 15 min, daisy wheel all open, lower vent 1-1/2" open.  Nice browning top and bottom....finally.

Bespoke boot and shoemaker--45+ years
Instagram

Comments

• steel_egg
    Options
    Now what’s this about a 35 year old sourdough crust?  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,913
    Options
    Looks good! BTW when you said 35 year old sourdough crust I assume you meant recipe - right? or a 35 year culture maybe?

Glad to see you back!
  • DWFII
    Options
    Actually I added it up wrong--I was in my late 20's when my wife started that culture...so 45 years old (I'm 72 now), and that pizza was done yesterday.
    Instagram
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Halley's comet pizza. Nice.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Great looking pie.  Interesting fact about the sour dough.  How is the sour dough crust?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • DWFII
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    Great looking pie.  Interesting fact about the sour dough.  How is the sour dough crust?

Crisp but not brittle on the bottom, chewy inside the rim. I've never had a pizza crust I like better.

I may be entirely wrong but I had the impression that all really good pizza doughs were sourdoughs. I don't really know but I've read recipes where the dough was allowed to "work" for several days.

My wife started this culture and we've carried it from place to place over the years, never had to restart it.   Cloned it and gave it to the kids and other family members. It was a wild yeast that started this...I don't know the details. She makes bread about twice a month with it and has since the beginning. That was the original reason for starting the culture--bread. She found a recipe book that told her how to make pizza crust with it and pancakes and waffles and sticky buns, etc..

Instagram