Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Perhaps I'm Out of Line. Thoughts?

Options
2»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    How awesome would it be to get warranty parts sent to the house? Do kJ folks pay the shipping or anything?...
    KJ sends warranty parts direct to you free of charge. No need for any dealer involvement at all.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• 714egghead
    Options
    Yeah I’ve been waiting for a call back or email from BGE for over 3 weeks going on a month. Called KJ to get info on dimension of their big joe firebox and got through to someone with in 5min the two times I called. 
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is a big deal for those of us who live out in the sticks. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lentsboy007
    Options
    RRP said:
    I feel your pain. I bought my LBGE from a dealer in 2011, not knowing anything about the warranty really.  He told me he would register it and that I need not worry about it or do it myself .  Fast forward a few years , he is out of business soon after , he never turned in the warranty ,  and I’m just waiting for the inevitable breaking of something . 
    If I were you I would be sending whatever proof you have to the Mother Ship in Alanta! Include a COPY of anything like a receipt, cancelled check, credit card statement showing the purchase. And the sooner the better! 
    You are a wise man Ron .  

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That is a big deal for those of us who live out in the sticks. 
    #airports. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    How awesome would it be to get warranty parts sent to the house? Do kJ folks pay the shipping or anything?

Trying to file a claim last week at closest 30 miles away dealer.
    1st attempt “Al just left he is the only one blah blah”  

Called next day and just emailed Al my reciept and pictures of broken parts because  “usually folks just bring the broken parts in here” 

Followed up to see if they got email “Al is off today”  

The next day,  “yes we forwarded it to the big egg people no need to call back we will let you know what they say”
    My Ace is 2.5 miles from my house. When I was talking with them about the bands on my Large not holding alignment they were the ones suggesting I file a claim. They handled the whole process and a week or so later I dropped by to pick up the new bands. I have 3 Egg dealers within 5 miles of me. Two are great and the other isn't bad it just focusses more on the pool supply part of the business.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I am going to venture a guess that there are more eggers with my experience than yours when it comes to service. I am dealing with a nursery, our local ace has no eggs and one kJ.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I am going to venture a guess that there are more eggers with my experience than yours when it comes to service. I am dealing with a nursery, our local ace has no eggs and one kJ.

You are probably right. I'm a lot closer to the mother ship and there is a lot more Egg competition in my area. That plus a year round grilling season in NE Florida means better service as well as better selection.

Like real estate; its location, location, location.  
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group