Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATT: Central IL Eggers - Rockwood availability

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited August 2018 in EggHead Forum
Maybe this is common knowledge, but it wasn't to me. All 3 NENA Ace Hardware stores carry Rockwood lump in stock. Regular price is $22.99 though today it's $3 off but that sale ends TONIGHT!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Looks like you saved $18 Ron.  Almost a free bag!
  • RRP
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    Looks like you saved $18 Ron.  Almost a free bag!
    Well, when it rains here and our creeks over flow then I always think of this as ballast in my trunk!  =)=)=)
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Lucky, my Rockwood came with bandaids.

• RRP
    Options
    I sure hope they gave you a price break!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    How many pounds of lump do you have now, Ron? 1000? 2000? At your age, you should start checkin' the actuarial tables. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Where's that Jealous Devil fella?  This seems like his kinda thread.

Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,400
    Options
    Good thing the hauler was the MB and not the Vette  ;) 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Options
    How many pounds of lump do you have now, Ron? 1000? 2000? At your age, you should start checkin' the actuarial tables. =)
    Michael,
    over the passed 3 years I have been trying to slim my inventory down to no more than say 500 pounds! But when a guy sees a good price like that it's hard to pass up not taking the bait.
    Ron
  • Vegas Eggus
    Options
    RRP said:
    Michael,
    over the passed 3 years I have been trying to slim my inventory down to no more than say 500 pounds! But when a guy sees a good price like that it's hard to pass up not taking the bait.
    Ron
    Reminds me of some of the Ammo hoarders I've seen on the gun sites. 
    What is the proper identifier for a lump hoarder?
    Lumpaholic?
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Michael,
    Ron
    Reminds me of some of the Ammo hoarders I've seen on the gun sites. 
    What is the proper identifier for a lump hoarder?
    Lumpaholic?

Fine, but 16 years ago after buying my first BGE there wasn't ANY lump to be purchased anywhere! And it was winter and I swore then and there never to face that again! It then became an obsession and for years when my inventory got below 740 pounds of lump I would go nuts