Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow... fantastic chicken recipe... Karachi Bam Chicken

Options
Had been meaning to try this one for a while. Finally got the chance tonight and was blown away. Very, very flavourful. I’m used to Indian and Pakistani recipes, but this one was more bold than most. Definitely worth trying. 

Sorry, no pics of my cook.

https://halalpitmasters.com/2018/04/25/karachi-bam-chicken-by-kamran-rizvi-winner-of-our-2018-poultry-competition/

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That looks awesome - did you go raised direct?? The recipe doesn’t say.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Yes. I went raised direct and used chickens breasts. Was fantastic. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Thx - I have this bookmarked.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations I will admit it is late on Sunday (EDT) but I may be living a sheltered life with regard to the following in the recipe:
    "1 stick unsalted butter melted and mixed with desired amount of green habanero sauce "
    I'm good with the butter but I have several brands of habanero sauces (and a few lbs of those peppers smoking right how) and have never known "green" as the end result.  Any insights??
    BTW- all my habanero juice is a shade of red, perhaps not dialed in to the environmental "green" movement.
    Just gearing up for another LEO ride tonight! 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations I will admit it is late on Sunday (EDT) but I may be living a sheltered life with regard to the following in the recipe:
    "1 stick unsalted butter melted and mixed with desired amount of green habanero sauce "
    I'm good with the butter but I have several brands of habanero sauces (and a few lbs of those peppers smoking right how) and have never known "green" as the end result.  Any insights??
    BTW- all my habanero juice is a shade of red, perhaps not dialed in to the environmental "green" movement.

@lousubcap: Good question. Given I was doing breasts only, I skipped the butter and habanero step altogether. Enjoy the ride tonight. Mind the burn upon re-entry!  :)
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    Had been meaning to try this one for a while. Finally got the chance tonight and was blown away. Very, very flavourful. I’m used to Indian and Pakistani recipes, but this one was more bold than most. Definitely worth trying. 

Sorry, no pics of my cook.

https://halalpitmasters.com/2018/04/25/karachi-bam-chicken-by-kamran-rizvi-winner-of-our-2018-poultry-competition/
    @GrateEggspectations  - did you use skin-on bone-in chicken breasts? or boneless skinless?

I agree with your comment regarding the boldness. This is more flavorful than most Indian/Pakistani recipes. I think the secret is the dry finishing rub (and using high quality spices, especially the paprika).

I also used this recipe to make chicken wings (see pic)

Karachi Bam Chicken - final product
  • zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@lousubcap I never found green habanero sauce, so i just used the  red/orange one from Trader Joes. I'll try to ask the original cook about it.