Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hawaiian Pulled Pork & Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Options
Opossum54
Opossum54 Posts: 5
As my introductory post I wanted to show off a cook for my twin daughters birthday a month ago now.  The theme was Moana, which is a new Disney movie for those who don't have young kids.  Apparently nowadays all kids party's must have a theme, but the kids love it and I was down to mix up the typical menu.  After searching the internet for ideas I settled on doing a Char Sui Style Pulled Pork with Asian Slaw on Kings Hawaiian Rolls and while I was at it used the same marinade and sauce to make some Belly Burnt Ends.  I didn't get a fully assembled pic due to the chaos of the party but it all turned out really well.  Didn't need the backup pulled pork and got to freeze it for later.

Costco twin pack of boneless pork shoulder & Pack of Pork Belly, both marinated in Char Sui Style Sauce overnight

Was worried how the Hawaiian Style would turn out so I made the second shoulder a standard BBQ style for back

Both rubbed down with a homemade garlic season salt

Fully loaded Egg

Before Pulling the Burnt Ends for Braising

Finished Burnt Ends with a thickened up version of the Char Sui Sauce.

Comments