Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really Good Meatloaf

Options
Made another meatloaf following @RRP recipe. So good! Cooked on the red one tonight, the green one is beside it.  Wire basket really lets the cherry smoke flavor the meat.  Bought the ground beef from the local butcher who grinds in house
Carrollton, Va

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Thanks for the tip of the hat, but please tell me/us the topping of your loaf!  It appears to be sauteed  onions and what else! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks for the tip of the hat, but please tell me/us the topping of your loaf!  It appears to be sauteed  onions and what else! 
    Looks like ketchup.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited August 2018
    Options

I know some people don't like the idea of the wire basket, due to the clean up, but to me the 360 degree smoke and the unhampered grease release is worth the effort. Besides if you just PAM the basket first and leave the dirty basket to soak overnight in soapy water then clean up is a breeze.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Well done. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    Love smoked meatloaf!!
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium.