Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear Ribeye

Options
First the reverse sear ribeye. Picked up a 2 1/4in thick 1.8lb boneless ribeye as they were close to half off.

Started with letting it rest out of the fridge 30min prior to putting in the Egg

Seasoned it up about 10-15min before putting it on
​​​​​​​

Egg at 250, mesquite wood in, temp probe in, here we go....
​​​​​​​

I want to say after about just under an hour it was up to a 115 internal temp so I pulled it, lightly covered it with foil, and left the temp probe in to monitor it, while I raised the Egg temp to around 650 dome temp.

Once to temp I put it back on 2min per side to get a nice sear. Rotated it 90 degrees at 60 seconds.
​​​​​​​

I would prefer it a little less done so I will pull it next time probably around 105-110 range but it was probably better this way as my girlfriend normally won't eat a steak that isn't medium-well. This might have helped convert her tonight though.
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

The fat is just so perfectly rendered. It just melted in your mouth. 

It was so good I am thinking of picking another up tonight before the sale ends.  The flavor was perfect.  The outside had a nice smoke flavor to it as well.  I need to cut back on my red meat intake but damn this was good.

Comments