Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked Same Day Pork Butt First Time

Options
Cooked a 6.5 lb pork butt in 6 1/2 hours at 300 grate temp. Dry Brined with Kosher Salt overnight and applied a non salt Memphis rub prior to setting on the egg at 8:00 am.

Comments

• Scantron
    Scantron Posts: 93
    Options
    He did it turn out? Looks good sitting there on the egg.
    Cooking on a Large Big Green Egg in North Chicagoland.
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    Looks good on the egg. How did she taste?
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks like a winner. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Stubby said:
    Looks good on the egg. How did she taste?
    It tasted great. I used the recipe from Amazing Ribs.  I figure next time I might set the grate at 275 as I had to FTC to hold until dinner. At least I know now that I can cook it faster if needed. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    very nice!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    dstearn said:
    Cooked a 6.5 lb pork butt in 6 1/2 hours at 300 grate temp. Dry Brined with Kosher Salt overnight and applied a non salt Memphis rub prior to setting on the egg at 8:00 am.

Butt looks great! Is that a Challenger cabinet that your Egg is resting in?

Tampa Bay, Florida
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That's the only way I do 'em these days. No overnites. 320°ish, start at 9-10AM, done by 5-6PM. No need for a controller either. Low temps can be tricky on an egg, but anything 300° or more is easy to maintain all day long without a crutch.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Looks good from here!