Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who knows how to make Peruvian Chicken?

500 Posts: 3,177
Looks good. Never made it. Looking to expand my Chicken game. Recipe and technique please. Thanks. 
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Just type in peruvian chicken in the search box. Pages of stuff.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    I’ve done this recipe several times and really like it. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited August 2018
    My neighbors do, they are from Peru. She won't share her recipe though. :(
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    CPARKTX said:
    I’ve done this recipe several times and really like it. 
    I’ve used this one too.  Nice flavors

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Same demographic that knows a lot about cocaine...Peruvians. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    where do I find the Peruvian marching powder, says I need 4 lines in this recipe?
    I made it twice after watching Steven Raichlen on tv. There's a video as well as recipes on his site. Search South American BBQ comes up as a show with a few other recipes. Could be the tastiest chicken recipe I've ever had. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Step One: Go to Peru!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    where do I find the Peruvian marching powder, says I need 4 lines in this recipe?
    I haven't been able to locate any that's "authentic" for over a decade and I find the new alternatives are far too unsavory for my taste. If my egg, blackstone, and my new sous vide speak to my willingness to spend for quality; I'd buy a little Colombian gold at twice what I gave for it in 2000 just to remember the smell.  
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH