Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Shun service WIN

Options
Greetings friends,

we use our knives. Tips get broken. I steel them every time and still they get out of true. It was time to freshen them up. 

so I boxed our eleven shun babies up, regardless of condition, and sent them back. For warranty sharpening and two broken tips. 

That was July 1st. 

Well - they’re back. Professionally wrapped and packed. Sharper than when I bought them, I swear. No noticeable wear from the retooling and grinding, and two tips repaired. You couldn’t tell them from a new knife. Amazing. 

And - here was the icing on the cake - they detected a defect in the blade of my prized anniversary copper Damascus chef knife and repaired it. I didn’t mention the flaw. They were really on top of things. 

We paid for shipping there, $5 the first knife and $2 each additional knife for return shipping. $25. Cheap. 

There’s no communication with the company. Maybe they could give updates.... But it was a nice surprise to have to sign for the delivery when they came home. 

So - there’s my endorsement. My recommendation. We won’t bother with other knives. Can’t say enough about the Shun experience. 

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments