Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin -- Cooking Time?

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning to EGG mr. toad's pork loin tonight for my father-in-law and family.[p]I planned on cooking it at about 300 dome in a v rack over fire bricks and a drip pan.[p]How long should a 4 pound loin take to cook? I'm guessing about an hour and fifteen minutes.[p]Hope all you fathers out there are having wonderful days.[p]Bama Fire

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]I think you're looking at closer to 2.5 hours cooking time. Starting with a 4 lb loin, it's going to weigh closer to 5.5+ lbs after prep. Make sure the polder is inserted into the meat (not the stuffing).[p]It is always better to start the cook early and wrap for a nice rest rather than push the cook because of time.[p]Spin

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Spin,
    Thanks for the quick reply![p]Wrapping in some foil and a towel then to a cooler should do the job.[p]I'll post the results tomorrow.[p]Have a great sunday afternoon.[p]B~F