Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For you "how to cook a better steak".....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited July 2018 in EggHead Forum
Tailgate magazine list the Beefer as the Best new Product Overall.....

https://player.vimeo.com/video/250494365?app_id=122963

us.beefer.com
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• northGAcock
    edited July 2018
    Options
    How long to cook a 1/2” er?  Asking for a friend. 
    Get back to us when you get the Beefer......Should store easily in your friends  garage. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Would mangrates work in this?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    CAn you boil water in it?
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Get back to us when you get the Beefer......Should store easily in your friends  garage. 
    I don’t have any friends.  I use my garage. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I don’t have any friends.  I use my garage. 
    No, as$hole, you don’t invite your friends to your garage. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Options
    WOW a toaster oven with a broiler, what a great idea! I'd give up my 2 XL BGE for this, did you see they use salt? Genius, am I right :bawling:  
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
     Things looked promising... until it was sliced. That steak looks like its medium-well.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    WOW a toaster oven with a broiler, what a great idea! I'd give up my 2 XL BGE for this, did you see they use salt? Genius, am I right :bawling:  

These things are actually pretty cool. 1,700F over-head broiling is really the only way to replicate high-end steakhouse results at home. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    SonVolt said:

These things are actually pretty cool. 1,700F over-head broiling is really the only way to replicate high-end steakhouse results at home. 
    I miss-stated in my original post. This was the Hardware show's Best new Product Overall. Not interested in it myself......but it did receive some accolades. 

• SonVolt
    Options
    If they ever get the price down under $500 I'll snag one... not sure what the price is on this, but the Otto Wylde is way too expensive. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That aussie accent adds 50 IQ points to the narrator and will get plenty of people to buy another single-use gadget.  Although I suppose it's also good from removing paint from small objects w/o the use of harmful industrial solvents . . . =)

And who doesn't want to enjoy their beefed steak one bite at a time.  Lulz!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SonVolt
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You can use a broiler for a lot more than just steak... these are obviously aimed at steak enthusiast though that are willing to part with their money, not unlike us pizza obsessed individuals who dream of spending thousands on a brick oven in their back yard.  For a fanatic, sometimes a dedicated single-purpose tool is the best tool for the job. 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    caliking said:
     Things looked promising... until it was sliced. That steak looks like its medium-well.
    At least it wasn’t 1/2”. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    You can use a broiler for a lot more than just steak... these are obviously aimed at steak enthusiast though that are willing to part with their money, not unlike us pizza obsessed individuals who dream of spending thousands on a brick oven in their back yard.  For a fanatic, sometimes a dedicated single-purpose tool is the best tool for the job. 

I would think there are way more things you could do with a woodfired oven in your backyard than that broiler.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    Options
    Well sure, but the point was that enthusiasts are more likely to purchase something like this. Not the average backyard griller.