Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Charcoal (another)

Options
from what I hear it deserves another thread!

Placed an order online with ACE Hardware for my first  try at Rockwood Charcoal. They have a 15% off and free shipping to store going on now. 2 bags are just under $50.

Looking forward to getting the call.
XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Thanks......I believe this ends tonight at midnight 
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Thank you for the heads up!  I just ordered 4bags....down to 6 in my inventory. 
    IL 
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Can I change the title? Should have added the 15% off in it.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I literally just picked up a bag of “super premium” FOGO and wish I’d ordered a few bags of the RW.  Guess I’ll just have to order some anyways and do a comparison.  
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    I literally just picked up a bag of “super premium” FOGO and wish I’d ordered a few bags of the RW.  Guess I’ll just have to order some anyways and do a comparison.  

Im on the last of 2 bags of FOGO and love it, getting the RW to see how Iike that. 

IG -->  matt_86m
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Just put a rack of baby backs on the egg over a beautiful, clean burning pile of Rockwood.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    I purchased 3 bags from stlcharcoal through Amazon at $30/bag. I just looked and see that the price for 3 bags has gone up about $5. 

We do taste the difference over RO. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • ApexPredator
    Options
    Just finished a bag of Rockwood tonight, great stuff!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JNDATHP said:
    I purchased 3 bags from stlcharcoal through Amazon at $30/bag. I just looked and see that the price for 3 bags has gone up about $5. 

We have to charge a higher price on Amazon & Ebay because of all the fees and BS we get hit with.  You save at $10 ordering on our site......especially in the states with "marketplace facilitator taxes".   Sometimes you can save even more ordering from AceHardware.com and picking up at your local store (depends on sales tax and whatever promos they're running.)  But Amazon is and always will be the most expensive route.
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    edited July 2018
    Options
    JNDATHP said:

We have to charge a higher price on Amazon & Ebay because of all the fees and BS we get hit with.  You save at $10 ordering on our site......especially in the states with "marketplace facilitator taxes".   Sometimes you can save even more ordering from AceHardware.com and picking up at your local store (depends on sales tax and whatever promos they're running.)  But Amazon is and always will be the most expensive route.
    Thank you for the information. I prefer it to be shipped so will be using your site. With SD vs Wayfair, and South Dakota prevailing, many more states will be instituting nexus for sales tax. 

Again, taste is far superior to RO! 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Both eBay and Amazon charge the seller a fee on the shipping. That is money the seller doesnt even get.