Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saté Lamb skewers

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
A local market always buys prize winning meat from the 4-H fair. For the 1st time that I know about, they had lamb, so I got a big shank at just under $7/lb, a good price around here. Cut the meat away from the bone yesterday. Cut away as much of the silver skin and tendons as I could. Cut it into small pcs., tossed them in a bag w. Spice Trekker's Saté blend, fresh ground. Into SV at 135F to help tenderize. By the time I wanted to cook, there was a thunderstorm. As follows, that stopped the process.

The saté blend is fierce. Just opening the little tine makes everyone whose nose is near sneeze. But the flavor becomes quite lite after cooking, tho' there is still a bite.

During the annual dome felt replacement, I messed up, and bent the top band badly, tho' didn't drop the dome. Haven't fixed that yet, so I had decided to do the skewers direct, no dome. Today turned out sunny, so lit the lump, and skewered the lamb. Added a purchased item. Oil soaked pepproncini stuffed w. anchovy and caper mash. 89F in no shade, so I went inside. Let it all go maybe 5 min too long.  A little too much carbon crunch in places. But the larger chunks of lamb were still buttery smooth.

Served w. home made peanut sauce. Needs work. A little too much lime juice, and needed to be thinned somehow 'cause the peanut flavor nearly overwhelmed everything except the pepperoncini bits.

Comments