Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Pitmaster Rodney Scott interview

Options
CincyTiki
CincyTiki Posts: 346
There is a fun 2 part interview with Rodney Scott on the podcast Special Sauce on the Serious Eats website.  Worth a listen, or if you don’t do podcasts they have a written transcription.
I need to get down there to try his food.
Enjoy.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2018/07/special-sauce-rodney-scott-part-1.html

https://www.seriouseats.com/2018/07/special-sauce-rodney-scott-on-bourdain-and-letting-the-barbecue-speak-for-itself.html

Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I just listened this morning. Seems like really humble guy. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options

I will have to listen to that this weekend, we just were at his place in Charleston and it was fantastic, I highly recommend making the trip, PS I his pork is killer but get the wings and cornbread you wont regret it. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I 1st heard about him from watching Man Fire Food years ago. He's a true artist and it shows based on the fact that he won a James Beard award. This interview just elevates my opinion of him. Also, the more I keep watching Bourdain and the more I hear people like Rodney speak so highly of him. The guy fully deserves to win every one of those 6 emmy nominations he's up for.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    I really enjoyed the interview.  I travel pretty regularly for work so am always looking for places like this that are worthy of a detour. 
    On the list now.
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE