Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware and dome cover?

Options
I've got a large BGE with the smokeware cap installed.  I think the cap has a larger diameter than the stock one. Will the dome cover fit this combination?

Related question. Is there a source for a dome cover for the mini-max?

Comments

• KGilma2018
    KGilma2018 Posts: 120
    Options
    Are you talking about the grill cover?  It fits over the smokeware cap but the cap gets stuck in the cover when you take it off.
    Franklin, TN
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Are you talking about the grill cover?  It fits over the smokeware cap but the cap gets stuck in the cover when you take it off.
    ↑ This
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I rarely cover mine but these days I take my SW cap off and run it through the dishwasher after each use and just store it inside my egg anyways, I use the ceramic cap to kill my fire and keep it on there until the next use.  So if I do cover it I just have to remember to not pull it off with the ceramic cover, which I did one time so I probably won’t do it again unless I’ve been drinking.  
  • EGGHEAD83
    EGGHEAD83 Posts: 61
    Options
    You could get the smoke ware flat cap and use that to kill the fire and keep the cap off when you use the cover. I use both and only have a problem with the tight fit and sticking in the cover in cold weather. 
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm talking about the dome cover.  
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.