Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brand New XXL Egg for sale $2,600

Options
I just purchased this XXL Egg. It was meant for a proposed outdoor kitchen. After measuring and designing it, I will not have enough room. Egg is Brand New, never used. Includes plate setter and Nest.

Asking $2,600 / OBO

I am interested in an XL, willing to do partial trade with cash as well......

Thanks
Ryan
302-423-5215

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Dealer won't take it back???
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from them, they have to speak to corporate because it was a floor model, already assembled. Typically they said floor models are not refundable. GO FIGURE!

• WeberWho
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from them, they have to speak to corporate because it was a floor model, already assembled. Typically they said floor models are not refundable. GO FIGURE!

That sounds like a bunch of crap. I'd assume the dealer were the ones that put it together? So what's the issue? It hasn't been cooked on and is brand new. At the very minimum you should probably see if the dealer can switch warranty to a new owner if they don't accept it back or you're really going to be out some coin. If they don't accept it back I'd be looking for a new BGE dealer. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    Dealer said BGE vendor put it together.. Wouldn't the warranty be good, due to the fact it has never been registered or warranty filled out by myself? 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dealer said BGE vendor put it together.. Wouldn't the warranty be good, due to the fact it has never been registered or warranty filled out by myself? 
    T&Cs of the warranty are that it extends to original owner only.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    Sorry guys I am new here.   How would they know who the original owners are If it has not been registered at all.  
  • DMW
    Options
    Sorry guys I am new here.   How would they know who the original owners are If it has not been registered at all.  
    Include the original receipt with the sale of the egg, and they wouldn't know. Unless your name is on the receipt.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    Options
    "Technically" it's only good for the original purchaser. I'd at least talk to the dealer and make sure it wouldn't be any issue with a future owner if they decide not to take it back.

Minnesota
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    That’s what I plan on doing.   Paid for by cash. 
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Stick around once you get your BGE situation figured out. Lots of good people here and a ton of stuff to learn. 

Minnesota
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    Sounds like it.   Looking forward to cooking with the egg.   I was so excited to get one should of done a better job measuring and thinking before jumping in.  Live and learn!!
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the problems your having. What did you pay? I was at my dealer yesterday and the new XXL costs $1999.00. Is that the older XXL? 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Just reread your post. I see the accessories you bought. Price sounds right. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    how much for the tiny chair?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    That looks like the older one.

The new ones have a different plate setter now too.  Its a metal ring with two half stones, instead of the traditional three legged ones.
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    That’s the XXL original. Blue chair is one if a kind.  2,900.  
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options

The new ones have a different plate setter now too.  Its a metal ring with two half stones, instead of the traditional three legged ones.
    Any pictures of the newest version XXL?
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

Any pictures of the newest version XXL?
    Imagine a bigger version of a XL.  They shortened the base up quite a bit.
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2018
    Options
    We do not see all the patio, but that XXL sure looks fine where it is.  Maybe the blue chair can move somewhere else.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    Hey Guys, when the pool is finished, there will be a 2nd tier patio with a built in kitchen. You can see the painted lines where retaining walls and counter tops will be. The proposed position for the egg is marked out as well. I need a min of 45" just to be able to open the egg when it is built in. If I have a back splash area, it will be about 50+". I can't have it take up to much room, do to the will be a table also in that area.  Area is approx 16'x16' +/- total area.

The pool decking will have tables, chairs and loungers for the pool area
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    I'm thinking swim-up BBQ island in the pool!!!
  • DMW
    Options
    No reason you can't have more than one egg. I'd keep the XXL down on pool level.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    I understand I can have more than one egg. I currently only want the one built in with my gas grill. Maybe things will change down the road but thats where I am at right now
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Keeping it as a dedicated low and slow smoker off to the side, away from guests and combustibles might be worth reconsidering. Pair that up with a large or XL in the kitchen area.
    Gittin' there...
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Do they sell the heavy duty XXL grates for the other sizes? That looks like 1/4" stainless bar. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I understand I can have more than one egg. I currently only want the one built in with my gas grill. Maybe things will change down the road but thats where I am at right now
    I promise you it will change. 
  • Delaware_Egghead
    Options
    The grates are much thicker than other sizes.  I don’t know enough about them to know if they have thicker frayed for other sizes.