Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas and fixin’s

Options
CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
Grabbed a pack of HEB fajita meat, whipped up salsa fresca (almost all garden ingredients), some guacamole, pickled onions I had made last week, and some mojitos (mint from the garden). Not fancy but fed the hungry crowd. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looks good to me! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Yum....and...pass the  Rum.  Nice cook. 
    IL 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Yumm!!!    Great simple cook!  Simple sometimes is best.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice meal.  It's rewarding and tasty you good those home grown veggies.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    I’d demolish those fajitas.  We have a really good local Mexican joint that is pretty hard to beat as they make most everything fresh, but I rarely get fajitas there because of how good homemade is when I have time to make all the fixings.  Downside is I’m the only one in my house that will eat pico and guacamole, so I have to make it if I want it.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I’d demolish those fajitas.  We have a really good local Mexican joint that is pretty hard to beat as they make most everything fresh, but I rarely get fajitas there because of how good homemade is when I have time to make all the fixings.  Downside is I’m the only one in my house that will eat pico and guacamole, so I have to make it if I want it.

wow your fam is missing out?  No pico or guacamole?  2 of the things that make TexMex awesome

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Outstanding 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You're living well!! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Can’t beat H-E-B’s fajitas IMHO. Easy and amazing flavor. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    I’d kill that... real nice 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Great looking meal!
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    stv8r said:

wow your fam is missing out?  No pico or guacamole?  2 of the things that make TexMex awesome

My wife is not adventurous when it comes to food, she is light years from where she started when we got married though.  The five year old follows mom’s lead, so I stretch the pallet for my sake.