Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dino Ribs near Houston

Options
Does anyone have a suggestion where to find DINO RIBS around Houston
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I assume you mean beef ribs.

Cooked - Corkscrew in Spring and Truth in Brenham make pretty awesome beef ribs.

If you have kids, the Blue Bell factory is around the corner from Truth. Also, they have a slew of homemade desserts. The owners make you feel like family when you're there. Plus there's a cooler full of cold beer and water to slake your thirst. Time it right, and the wait isn't too long.

Killen's in Pearland apparently makes killer ribs too, but I refuse to go (despite living in Pearland myself).

Raw - Costco prime beef ribs for the win. They come in a 2-rack cryopac, but I think I've seen them sold as single racks on occasion.

Kroger sold me a single rack once, as they had already opened a cryopac.

HEB had 4-rack cryopacs, and they would only sell me the whole cryopac.

For all of the raw options, you have to ask for them at the meat counter.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Central Market on Westheimer. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX