Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ultimate Sunday steak showdown - Waygu vs Picanha

Options
butcher had some amazing steaks in this weekend so we got one of each and setup the ultimate steak showdown. 

Salt tenderized in in the fridge for a day and half, set up the minimax as a sear station and the large as the low and slow for my reverse sear setup. 

Pics below 

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Man, I can smell that smoke in the 4th shot!

Results of the challenge?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beautiful photos! So who won?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Looks absolutely delicious!!! Great cook! Anxious to hear thoughts on the results

Brandon - Ohio

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    Looks absolutely delicious!!! Great cook! Anxious to hear thoughts on the results
    Thanks, the Picanha was the underdog at $30 less per pound and to our suprise it gets the go ahead win.  the Waygu was really good, super tender but picanha is often over looked and goes for a relative bargin at our local butcher so it will be the one I reach for next time 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Looks fantastic - like others have asked, which one was the winner?
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It looks like everyone at the dinner table was the winner. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Beautiful. Nice photos too. I have to say I love Picanha, one of my favorites 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Beautiful. Nice photos too. I have to say I love Picanha, one of my favorites 
    Thanks, ya the newer iPhone camera is rocking the egg cookouts lately 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I like your experiment!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Now that is living large and a learning adventure as well.  Congrats on the experiment and even better the rewards for your efforts.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gawjus steaks and pictures. Your extra credit for the comparison is however negated by not identifying the brew! Overlooking it this time! ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • unoriginalusername
    Options
    Gawjus steaks and pictures. Your extra credit for the comparison is however negated by not identifying the brew! Overlooking it this time! ;)
    Lol oops, that is collective arts st of circumstance IPA 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Looks great but a true comparison requires more
    than one controlled experiment. I would do it a few more times to be sure this wasn’t an outlier. Enjoy!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Fun time.  Great pics!  Great job!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95