Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Magic 8 Ball says Incoming Meat Coma!

Options
Leftovers tonight on the griddle.  First there's home cured bacon, because bacon!

Next some previously reverse seared DP Molé strip loin and a rhubarb pulled pork patty.

On the flip.

Got hairy after this, I let the heat get away from me (forgot to close bottom vent so it got up to 600+). Grilled some garlic buttered buns and also some mushrooms/onions/yellow peppers as well. Melted  jalapeño jack over both meats with some basil from the garden. Also had some quick cucumber pickle I made earlier.

Built it all together and got this. Strip loin on the left.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Very nice.  Well done 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    I’m digging the pulled pork patty. Do you press it or use anything to bind it? Or just the fat/juices during the cooling process? 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Great cook!

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    I’m digging the pulled pork patty. Do you press it or use anything to bind it? Or just the fat/juices during the cooling process? 
    Just formed the patty from the cold pork alone. It just barely hung together because of the cold juices/fat in the pork. I only flipped it the one time although the crust I got on the initial sear held things together pretty well.
  • kaybee
    kaybee Posts: 120
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just in case anyone is looking for them, I found a great source for griddle domes. Stainless steel pet food bowls. Many sizes, really cheap but no handle (easy enough to lift with the spatula so you can grab it). Just make sure you get the ones that are all stainless steel, anti-slip rubber bases smell really bad when fried  =)