Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good day on the egg

Options
Haven't been around in quite some time, mainly because I haven't done anything all that interesting to post. Had a workhorse day on the egg doing multiple items for dinner and lunches for the week. Picked up some chicken breasts, NY strip (reduced price but looked great) and center cut pork chops from the local market. Got the egg rocking and rolling, cooking my work week chicken and steak first while throwing on a vidalia wrapped in foil and seasoned with some everglades seasoning. Those turned out pretty awesome, didn't bother with the reverse sear or other involved techniques for the steak, just normal grilling and pulled right around 130-135 which is perfect for me. Next threw on some burgers in a cast iron skillet and hot dogs for the kids (not pictured), then put the corn on unhusked lightly seasoned and the pork chops. Everything turned out super delish. 

My electric starter recently broke so I ordered this electric air starter, seems to do the trick quite nice and was curious if anyone else had a good experience with them? Also, enjoyed some Sam Adams "Sam '76" beer during the day.  A victorious day indeed. 

Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

Comments