Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: What is this grass/weed (not whacky tobacky)

milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,609
edited June 6 in EggHead Forum
i have this all over my yard. Used to be a pasture, I am reclaiming it to my yard now. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• This title was misleading.... #dissapointed 
    Large BGE 2013, Minimax 2018 
    Cedar table
    Burlington, Ontario 
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,609
    edited June 6
    Hahaha sorry to mislead! I fixed the title for you

this weed or grass grows in big clumps

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,437
    That looks like dallisgrass to me, very common... I fight it back in Austin, but it grows across the country I think.  I usually tell the folks at Lowe's our home depot what type of lawn  I have, and that I want to kill dallisgrass. They give me a bag of something.. I think it's different depending on your lawn and the season.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,609
    I have like 4 acres to cover. The rest i left native 

• jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 298
    It is evil, and I can't seem to kill it, so I've resorted to digging it up in spots where it has tried to take over my yard.  I think @sumoconnell is right that it is dallisgrass.  Wait till after it rains or you water your yard well, and you can kinda pop it up with a shovel relatively easily.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • That looks like dallisgrass to me, very common... I fight it back in Austin, but it grows across the country I think.  I usually tell the folks at Lowe's our home depot what type of lawn  I have, and that I want to kill dallisgrass. They give me a bag of something.. I think it's different depending on your lawn and the season.
    I thought Dallasgrass only grew in Dallas. 

*crickets*