Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Rambler 30 fake or not?

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
edited May 2018 in Off Topic
Just received my Yeti Rambler 30oz tumbler today from Amazon. Bought directly from Amazon, the first listed, Prime, Amazon Choice option for the Yeti Rambler with the magnetic slider. Everything seemed good with my beer inside until I went to register the warranty on my mug. Got a “CODE 41163284 WAS NOT FOUND.” message. I also noticed later on in the day when I put beverages with ice in it, the top 3rd of the tumbler gets ice cold as well. Pretty sure I gotta fake one. Anyone else had experiences with these? My old RTIC outperforms that sucker anyday.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    #Chinacollusion
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Register your cups? None of mine are registered and Yeti never asked me too.  Is this a new policy?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Looks legit.  I bought that new lid for the 20oz size.  Works great and is quieter in the car.  (Normal lid rattles sometimes)
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options

I bought one in Florida this winter and I could not register the product as a Canadian.....go figure.

Was the lid and cup stamped or embossed "Yeti"? If so, your dispute may be with Amazon.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• Kupkaked
    Kupkaked Posts: 33
    Options
    The reviews and Q/A have several people reporting they aren't real ones. Go to DICKS and check them out there for a real comparison. Just because it's Prime or AMZ Choice, doesn't mean it's authentic. Any seller can sell via prime, and send their counterfeits to Amazon to fulfill.  
    Haddon Township, NJ
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Powak said:
    Just received my Yeti Rambler 30oz tumbler today from Amazon. Bought directly from Amazon, the first listed, Prime, Amazon Choice option for the Yeti Rambler with the magnetic slider. Everything seemed good with my beer inside until I went to register the warranty on my mug. Got a “CODE 41163284 WAS NOT FOUND.” message. I also noticed later on in the day when I put beverages with ice in it, the top 3rd of the tumbler gets ice cold as well. Pretty sure I gotta fake one. Anyone else had experiences with these? My old RTIC outperforms that sucker anyday.
    I bought my yeti from the yeti website and it gets cold at the top as well. Not ice cold but colder than the bottom. There is less insulation there so that makes sense. I think you got a legit one. I just think yeti has been slacking in the QC lately. They got lazy and now others are better and cheaper too.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.