Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new plate setter

Options
I have a large size BGE and I need to replace my plate setter for it. can anyone recommend some websites where I can buy one? the official BGE one is a little out of my budget right now. And if anyone in the Chandler/Gilbert area of Arizona knows a store, that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store. Get a Spider and a pizza stone that will perform the same function for less than the Plate Setter and its able to do a whole lot more.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• YettiLuke
    YettiLuke Posts: 8
    Options
    I would look into getting a spider and stone from CGS. I am not sure how much a plate setter is going for, but the setup I mentioned is around $65 according to the website. I have this setup with an adjustable rig from there and it is a very versatile setup. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I dont have the Spider but I have the WOO- I got two half stones now thats versatile.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    ^^^ What they said. Call Tom from the CGS, he will ask questions about the way you cook and recommend the best solution. Whatever he recommends will be much more versatile than the plate setter. And, it is top quality stuff. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE