Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help, new base, big underbite

Options
otter
otter Posts: 342
 Base was cracked. Put new base in nest. Put bands and top on. Top is back about a 1/4 in,  You see the base gasket  by the handle. How do you adjust it? Thanks
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    First, if you aren’t having temperature control issues, I wouldn’t worry about it. 1/4 is nothing to worry about, at least I wouldn’t and don’t with my large. If you search the forum, you will find many answers. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • doncarl
    doncarl Posts: 23
    Options
    Get the new hinge (one with springs on the side)   it corrects under and over bites
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    bikesAndBBQ said:
    First, if you aren’t having temperature control issues, I wouldn’t worry about it. 1/4 is nothing to worry about, at least I wouldn’t and don’t with my large. If you search the forum, you will find many answers. 
    This. If you aren't having any issues with your cooks, just roll with it. 

I have tried to fix a similar underbite on my LBGE a couple of times in years past. Thought I had it done the last time I messed with it. Now I realize that its not worth the angst. No issues with temp control, and food still tastes good :) 

And not a problem worth spending $$ on new bands for,  IMO.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.