Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Temp Control DigiQ or Guru?

kenstlkenstl Posts: 14
Just as the title says, what is everyone using?  I would be interested in one that also is wifi enabled if possible.  

Comments

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,327
    edited May 9
    One in the same.....BBQ Guru makes the Digi Q.

Flame Boss 300 is what I use and sell though.  Wifi and expandable to three meat probes.  Excellent customer service on the off chance you need it.
  • Zeiger88Zeiger88 Posts: 162
    As @stlcharcoal said guru makes digiq I ordered the flameboss 300 from him and love it it has WiFi and allows you to sleep through the night on an overnight cook and customer service is great had a bad meet prob and called them they mailed out a new one that day. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,047
    +1 FB300
    Temple, TX   XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,332
    +2 FB300
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 524
    +3 for the flame boss.  I sold my guru, wife got me the FB and I am very happy with it. 

2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

Boiler Up!!

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,662
    +0 on controllers.
    NOLA
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 790
    Take a look at Smobot - great controller, wifi and superb costumer service. 
    Memphis, TN 
    LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, Akorn (still in the box)
  • littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 410
    +4 on Flameboss 300.  Awesome system on any grill or smoker!

Land of OZ-Hays Kansas

BGE XL++Flameboss 300 WiFi++Blackstone 36"++Custom Gravity Feed cabinet smoker++2 Weber Kettles

• BBQ Guru. Can run in WiFi or hotspot mode, supports 3 food probes out the box.  Great customer service, email and text alarms sent to your phone.  Works with Alexa so you can inquire about pit and food temps and even tweak the settings.  All metal housing for the fan and a circular port mean no accidental melting of your fan housing and you can position it however you want.
    Southwestern CT
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,677
    I've used the Auber Instruments, DigiQ, PartyQ, and the Stoker. 

The Auber is great if you're looking for something simple to control your pits temperature overnight. Not a bad option for Benjamin.

I haven't used my DigiQ all that often but it's never given me any issues. 

My PartyQ has been nothing but trouble. It's been in warranty twice already.

I really like my Rocks BBQ Stoker. The wifi option is great. Not the most easy plug and play controller. Thankfully there are awesome peeps here on the forum that will help you get it figured out. 
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,586
    My CyberQ has been problem free. 
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,362
    Stoker. You can have as many food probes as you like!
    And you can have a couple blowers as long as you add a power supply!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,720
    Flame Boss. I've got the orginal 100 (most people have never seen that one) and the 200.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Gravytrain84Gravytrain84 Posts: 294
    Team FB300 here. 
  • TylerLaneTylerLane Posts: 13
    edited May 13
    +1 for smobot.  It’s my very favorite nerd toy.
  • Smokin_TroutSmokin_Trout Posts: 487
    TylerLane said:
    +1 for smobot.  It’s my very favorite nerd toy.
    And it doesn’t use a blower!
    Two guys with fantastic support. I believe less money than the others. 
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,748
    I have an older version of the PartyQ and it is solid.  Works on batteries, one probe, take it where ever I go.  Bought it from stlcharcoal. 
    Dave - Austin, TX