Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Polywood Table

Stopped at a BGE dealership in a rural part of central Virginia. They told me they have someone in Ohio you makes BGE tables in either red cedar or polywood. The polywood comes in any number of colors. Quoted $700 for an extra large. Anyone know anything about the product?

thanks. 

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited May 2018
    Plywood is cheap, $700 seems steep.

Edit:  Sorry I read this wrong!  No comment on the table.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Perhaps it is Berlin Farms.  I know that they make polywood patio furniture and gas patio heaters, etc.  They use recycled milk containers.
    "Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard

LBGE - Kick Ash Basket, SS Smokeware Cap, CGS PSWoo-CI, Spider, Wok, Broil King Gasser
    Noblesville, IN
  • Hokiejacket
    Hokiejacket Posts: 154
    Perhaps it is Berlin Farms.  I know that they make polywood patio furniture and gas patio heaters, etc.  They use recycled milk containers.
    Thank you.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    edited May 2018
    I'm not that familiar with polywood, but I do have an egg table that I made the top and bottom shelf with synthetic decking material. It has a number of disadvantages. It can be hard to clean stains and it will easily melt if something remotely hot is placed on the surface.
    I'm not sure how polywood compares to what I have.

• Hokiejacket
    Hokiejacket Posts: 154
    GregW said:
    I'm not that familiar with polywood, but I do have an egg table that I made the top and bottom shelf with synthetic decking material. It has a number of disadvantages. It can be hard to clean stains and it will easily melt if something remotely hot is placed on the surface.
    I'm not sure how polywood compares to what I have.

Thanks Greg