Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Consider M. Symon's "Playing With Fire."

Options
gdenby
gdenby Posts: 6,239
The titled book showed up at library a week or two ago, and I picked it up. Lots of good recipes, lots of drool worthy pics. Introductory statements by Jacques Pepin, Bobby Flay and Mike Mills. Ten contributions from other pit masters.

Symon is starting what he calls the "Cleveland style," often using a brown baseball park mustard from the area. Fine pork , beef & chicken recipes, but also seafood and lamb. The vegetables and sides are mostly not traditional. 1 I want to try soon are the smoked beets w. horseradish. Should go great w. sausage. The poppy seed slaw sounds really good too.

There are some fine sauce recipes, and a few rubs.

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Gonna have to check it out  
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • whldch
    whldch Posts: 126
    Options
    I just got this from my library as well. I can't stop looking and drooling at the beef rib photo. This will be my first recipe of his to try.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    whldch said:
    I just got this from my library as well. I can't stop looking and drooling at the beef rib photo. This will be my first recipe of his to try.
    I looked up some customer photos from the offerings at "Mabel's BBQ" Evidently, one can order pans covered w.beef, pork, & lamb ribs, w. trimmings. And there also appears to be a whole laundry list of Bourbon, etc. $$$ to be sure, but looks like one might happily fall over on the sidewalk after a meal there.